Before you upload your damaged photos follow these guide lines for scanning, for best quality photo assessments and photo restoration.
1. Use a flatbed Photo Quality scanner
2. Scan at 600 dpi (resolution) at the same physical size of original photograph. Or 1200 dpi (resolution) if enlargments are required
3. Scan colour even if your Photos are black and white
4. Select only the area of your photo to be scanned, corner to corner so there are no unwanted edges surrounding, as this depletes the resolution
5. Save as JPEG at a maximin of a large file in the JPEG options
6. Do not use any auto correct settings for scanning